The Early Years Emotional Wellness Program offers parents of newborns through age 8 living in Orange County with supportive services to address concerns in their child(ren)’s developmental and social/emotional health. We make every effort to meet the needs of the county’s various populations and offer services in nine different languages. We help parents in a few ways:
- Visit parents in their home or other convenient location (for the parents) to provide information and support in implementing positive parenting techniques.
- Assess the developmental and emotional wellness of the child(ren).
- Work closely with parents to agree upon goals and services such as parenting support/education and linkage to resources so that the child(ren) can be as ready as possible for school and future social/emotional challenges.
- Studies have shown that prevention and early intervention services with families experiencing adverse circumstances or difficulties in their child(ren)’s behavior may help to reduce poor health and social/emotional/behavioral health outcomes later in life.
- In addition, all families and individuals experience challenges in life. The better a person, including children, can get through these challenges successfully, the better they will be prepared in life to reach his/her full potential.